Link: Click here
Description: Kanopy features a wide range of films and TV shows to be streamed on any internet-enabled device.
Special Instructions: Patrons need to use their Worth Public Library card number and PIN.
For instructions to reset your PIN Click Here.
Kanopy is a streaming service with access to thousands of films, documentaries, and television shows. Its selections include film festival winners, classic cinema, foreign films, children’s programming, and much more.
Best of all, you can stream content on all your devices using the free Kanopy app! https://help.kanopy.com/hc/en-us/sections/207299708-Mobile-TV-Apps
Kanopy Kids offers great educational programs for kids including Cyberchase, Superwhy, SciGirls, Liberty’s Kids and more. Keep story time going with read-alouds like Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Bear Wants More.
- Patrons can watch up to 5 movies per month.
The counter is in the upper right hand corner of the Kanopy page.
- Movies count towards patron’s usage after 5 seconds.
- Patrons have 3 days to watch the movie once started.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many titles can I watch? You can watch a maximum of 5 videos per month. You will receive 5 play credits every month. Once you press play on a video, you will automatically use one (1) play credit. Criterion films do not count towards the 5 checkouts per month.
Once you press play on a video, you will have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit. If you would like to watch the same video after the 3 days have passed, you will use up another play credit.
2. When will my play credits reset?
Play credits reset on the 1st of the month. Once you have used your 5 credits, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 5 play credits again.
3. How can I keep track of my videos?
You can track your viewing activity by visiting My Dashboard > Recently Viewed. The Recently Viewed page will list every video you have ever watched, even after the 3-day period has ended. If a video is still within the 3-day viewing period, the list will include the amount of time left on that viewing period.
4. Can I create my own video lists?
You can save titles to watch at a later date by clicking on +My List. You can access the +MyList option by either hovering over the title, or clicking on the title, either way will work. Titles are then added to your Watchlist. You can see your saved titles by clicking on your username at the top of the page.
You can also create and share playlists of videos using the playlists feature.
5. What devices can you use to watch videos?
You can watch videos on a computer or mobile device using a web browser.
You will need an internet connection to watch videos on Kanopy. Films cannot be downloaded to a computer or device; they only stream through the internet.
6. Can you stream to your television?
Kanopy is compatible with the streaming services, Roku. Other alternatives to stream to your television include:
- Apple TV
- Chromecast using an Android/Google device
- Connecting your computer to your television via HDMI
- Can visually impaired users access the films?Yes, Kanopy’s website and video player are both fully compatible with all screen readers on desktop browsers, as well as with iOS and Android devicesNeed more help? Visit Kanopy’s Help Center.